|Series 2, Episode 1|
|Air Date||1 March 1969|
|Written by||Jimmy Perry & David Croft|
|Original Audience Figures||13.9 Million|
|Previous episode||Shooting Pains|
|Next episode||The Battle of Godfrey's Cottage|
|List of episodes|
Operation Kilt is the first episode of the second series of Dad's Army, which was originally transmitted on Saturday 1 March 1969.
The platoon have to defend the church hall from a platoon of Highlanders on an exercise.
Captain Ogilvy of the Highland Unit challenges the platoon to capture his headquarters, and a complicated system of paints will be used to mark the dead, wounded, captured and so on. The platoon are about to be killed, when Ogilvy walks into one of their traps, and they see what he wears beneath his kilt.
Main cast Edit
- Arthur Lowe as Captain Mainwaring
- John Le Mesurier as Sergeant Wilson
- Clive Dunn as Lance Corporal Jones
- John Laurie as Private Frazer
- James Beck as Private Walker
- Arnold Ridley as Private Godfrey
- Ian Lavender as Private Pike
- Janet Davies as Mrs Pike
Supporting Cast Edit
- This episode was missing from the BBC's television archives for many years and was thought to be lost forever. However in June 2001 this episode and The Battle of Godfrey's Cottage were returned to the BBC after almost 25 years, the containers that the episodes were held in were in poor condition and the film's quality had deteriorated. However, following laborious work by BBC technicians, it was restored to an acceptable condition and re-transmitted.
- The Tractor that Wilson brings to the churchyard appears to be a 1947 Ferguson which is at complete odds with the time period!