|Sgt. Wilson's Little Secret|
|Series 2, Episode 4|
|Air Date||22 March 1969|
|Written by||Jimmy Perry & David Croft|
|Original Audience Figures||13.6 Million|
|Previous episode||The Loneliness of the Long Distance Walker|
|Next episode||A Stripe for Frazer|
|List of episodes|
Sgt. Wilson's Little Secret is the fourth episode of the second series of Dad's Army, which was originally transmitted on Saturday 22 March 1969.
When Mrs Pike mentions having a child around the house again, Wilson gets the wrong idea, and is forced to marry Mrs Pike.
When Mrs Pike plans to take in an evacuee, Wilson misunderstands and thinks that she is pregnant. Mainwaring orders him to marry her and just as the preparations are under way, Mrs Pike leads into the church hall a 10-year-old Cockney evacuee also named Arthur. The wedding does not take place.
- Arthur Lowe as Captain Mainwaring
- John Le Mesurier as Sergeant Wilson
- Clive Dunn as Lance Corporal Jones
- John Laurie as Private Frazer
- James Beck as Private Walker
- Arnold Ridley as Private Godfrey
- Ian Lavender as Private Pike
- Janet Davies as Mrs Pike
- Graham Harboard as Little Arthur